Jar of Maraschino Cherries with stems
1 bag. Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
4 oz. milk chocolate chips, melted
1/4 c. sliced almonds
red piping icing for decorating
1. Melt the chocolate chips in microwave, stirring at 15 sec. intervals until melted.
2. Dip a cherry into the chocolate, holding by the stem ("tail"). Set cherry on its side on waxed paper. This is the mouse's body and tail.
3. While chocolate it still gooey, "glue" on a hershey's kiss to the mouse's body, with the flat bottom of the kiss touching the cherry and the pointy part pointing out, the opposite direction that the tail is pointing.
4. Add sliced almonds in the seam for ears while chocolate is still gooey.
5. Allow chocolate to set up hard.
6. Decorate with icing for eyes and nose.
6. Repeat with the rest of the cherries, etc.